My life encompasses a lot of travel for work. Due to this, I’m always thinking of ways to pack minimally, but I don’t want to lose my style and how I present myself. I’m also a high variety type of person when dressing myself. I really can’t decide what I want to wear until the morning of. So how can I pack enough where I feel I don’t sacrifice my style, decide on what I want to wear, yet not overpack. As a frequent traveler, a minimalist is the most ideal type of packer, but can I do that with a nice sense of style?
Relooking at keeping my style and being trendy (I hope!), I found that leaving space in my luggage for accessories is key. And look at pieces where I can swap tops and bottoms around with, instead of approaching packing full oufits for every single day and occasion for my trip. So I can use one shirt one day with a pair of jeans/pants, with my larger jewelry, and another day I can wear the same jeans/pants with a different top and more toned down jewelry with a hat. It’s all about how to swap and utilize what you have with you on your trip to help spazz it up.
Some nice inspiration below. I can look good while traveling!
The worse has been situations where I feel like I couldn’t be at my best in style due to the fact that I wanted to pack light. What am I to do? Why do I have to tone down my style? Some tips I thought about:
- Bring fewer bottoms compared to the number of days you are staying. For example, bring two bottoms if you are staying 4 days because you can swap and re-wear during your trip.
- Only bring a top for each day. If you need to refresh an outfit from day to night, you can wear a top with a new bottom for variety.
- Bring accessories. Think about accessories that’s more expressive and stands out to more toned down.
- Bring a clutch, to turn any outfit to night time and fun.
- Just bring one extra pair of shoes, including the shoes you wear with you to the airport.
- If you work out, bring one outfit and wash! And one pair of sneakers (unless you can wear this to the airport).
- Roll up your clothes! It is a space saver. I’ve actually started using packing cubes for ease of organization, which saved even more space for me!